Please click on the following link to open a .pdf version of this resume Dean Kato August 2013
13103 NE 36th ST, Bellevue, WA 98005
Seeking to leverage for-profit skills and creation of company growth into repeatable successes within the not for- profit environment. I bring results driven team building, training, and management skills. I have a strong attention to detail and provide a combination of tactical execution and strategic collaboration with all levels of enterprise leadership. I am a people oriented person, connecting effectively with C-level executives, nurturing grandmothers, and everyone in between.
2006-Present Esterline Control Systems, Everett, WA Director of Sales (www.esterline.com)
- Creating top line year-over-year growth for this $300M, four-company division of Esterline Technologies.
- Team leader of 15 regional sales managers and inside sales associates located in four different US locations. Manage the overall relationship with 21 independent manufacturer’s representatives.
- Client Associate for Miller Heiman Strategic Selling process training. Lead trainer for Esterline in this industry leading selling process.
- Government relations liaison – oversee lobbying efforts at the state and national level creating revenue streams from congressional project funding.
- Results from a 360 review synthesize inputs from 18 peer managers, direct reports, and supervisors. Skills in all areas are at or significantly above the top of a peer norm group. Of note are top marks in integrity, management, conveying trust, relationship building, effective speaking, team empowerment, judgment, and overall performance.
2005-Present OneAccord Partners, Bellevue, Principal, (www.oneaccordpartners.com)
- One of fifty principals in this consulting firm creating revenues for not-for-profit and for-profit clients.
- Providing interim executives and revenue growth through project engagements.
- Results-oriented process begins with a revenue review for the organization and culminates in implementation of team structure, sales channel, training, and executive engagement.
2004-2005 Isothermal Systems Research, Spokane, Business Development Manager
- Established beachhead applications in the Defense sector for this disruptive technology startup company.
- Created multiple sales channels and aerospace sales direct to airframe manufacturers.
2002-2003 Microvision, Bothell, Business Development Manager
- Aviation specialist
- Created market introduction and value added reseller network for this new technology product.
1999-2001 IDD Aerospace, Redmond, Vice President of Sales
- Team leader of outside and inside sales representatives and customer service and contracts organization.
- Grew top line sales 15% year over year.
- Generated momentum in international sales. Won first significant programs in Israel and Brazil.
1995-1999 Korry Electronics, Seattle, Government Business Manager
- Introduced the process of sales direct to the government through solicitations at military bases and work direct with the Pentagon.
- Brought new technology products to the market that enhanced the US military capabilities in nighttime warfare.
- Increased sales to this market 100% over five years.
UNIVERSITY ENGAGEMENTS, SEATTLE PACIFIC UNIVERSITY
2012-Present Training consultant and focus group leader, University Advancement. Providing guidance for engaging parents and win-win partnerships
2010-Present Cofounder and leader, annual service learning study abroad program to the Philippines
2010-Present Contributor, Admissions promotions (http://vimeo.com/10556898)
2009-Present Founding member, Parents Council (http://www.spu.edu/depts/parents/news/staff-steller-investments.asp)
2006-Present Presenter, Career Center internship/job search programs
1995-Present Member, Engineering department advisory board
1990-Present Member, President’s Circle (annual giving commitments to the university)
2002-Present Member, Wellspring Society (legacy gift supporter)
2012-Present Kids International Ministries, Board member (www.kidsim.org)
- International mission agency operating orphanages and providing humanitarian aid in the Philippines.
- Serving on development committee to promote repeatable growth and sponsorships.
1980 University of Washington, BS Industrial Engineering
2012 Miller Heiman Strategic Selling Leader Training Institute. Certified trainer.
2010 ETI Group, Lean Six Sigma
2009 Leader Effectiveness Training
2007 Nyden, Fundamentals of Negotiation
2006 IMA Accelerating Implementation Methodology training (change management)
2005 Miller Heiman Conceptual Selling course
1994, 2005 Miller Heiman Strategic Selling course
1980 Trane Air Conditioning Company Graduate Sales Training program
2013-pres UW Bothell STEM liaison with Esterline
2013-pres Westminster/Crossroads, job search and support group co-leader and presenter
2013-pres Volunteer community ambassador, National MS Society
2011-pres Volunteer coach/business plan reader/judge, SPU Social Venture competition
2011-pres SPU School of Business capstone project judge
2011-pres Executive sponsor, coordinator for Esterline involvement in regional FIRST team sponsorships
2010-2012 SPU Engineering student mentor
2006-2008 English as a Second Language conversational coach
2006-pres SPU career center and Engineering department internship liaison with Esterline
2002-pres Volunteer driver, Senior Services of King County
2002-2005 Assistant Scoutmaster, Boy Scouts troop 600
NAUI SCUBA instructor
PSIA ski instructor
Traveled to 30 countries
Husband and Father